forum of the merovingians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Merovingians!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making Potions Explained

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

Making Potions Explained Empty
PostSubject: Making Potions Explained   Making Potions Explained Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:47 pm

To make any potion you are first required to learn the recipe. This is done by obtaining the recipe and then clicking on it when it's in your back pack. After that it will be located in your actions-->inventing list on your left-hand margin.

In this example we will be making one of the more simple and affordable pots to make; the
potion of acceleration(doubler buff lvl 500 click on the bold text to read about it)
Preparation: Preping for potions will make less hassle. I buy supplies in bulk so I don't need to constantly toggle back and forth to the AH waiting for plants to arrive in the box while my potion making buffs tick down.

The next step is to buy supplies listed in the recipe screen for your pot. Note: they call the herbs by their extracted name not by their plant name found from world maps.
For pot of accel they are
3x Heffle Wart
1x Blood Bloom Flower
2x Trinettle Leaf
1x Bottle(pillar)

Extraction: The next step is to "extract" the herbs. Same process as learning the recipe except now you will have a failure rate. If you succeed in extracting the plant it will go directly into one of your 10 component slots(above your BP). If you fail to extract, the plant will be destroyed in the process. So you will obviously need another plant to complete the pot. This is where preparation comes in. I naturally buy more than I need because I never have 100% extracting success. You can buy an expensive buff called extractor to try and escape the failures, thus potentially saving you 1000's in gold depending on the amount of pots you make. I always buy at least buff lvl 175 extr when I make more than two pots..and always when I extract jademare. Jade cost 21-25k and has the most horrible extraction rate.(Different herbs/plants have higher failure rates IMO.)

Ok, you extracted your trinettle plants into trinettle leafs and your heffle wart plants.......now to the blood bloom plant which is different as it extracts into two different types of components. They are "blood bloom root" and "blood bloom flower" ..so you could consider this as another failure if it extracts into roots when your only need flowers.

Finished extracting? Now the only thing left to do is bring the bottle into your back pack. Which brings you to the final step inventing.

Inventing: Invent the potion by clicking actions-->artisanship-->inventing and finding your recipe and clicking invent. Notice it says: Invent(high chance of success) ...If you click invent it will either successfully send a potion to your mailbox(YOU HAVE 59min to retrieve it or it will be destroyed) or it will fail to invent and all items will be destroyed. Except if you have a buff called Inventor II. If the buff activates when you fail or succeed one or more items will remain in your back pack(bottle) or component slots. It's completely random what gets saved and what doesn't. To further help w/ inventing there's another buff called inventor. Ideally you would want to have all three, but since they cost so much it's up to you what you want to buy. Both extractor inventor go for 45-65k and inventor II 75K+.

To find a recipe and to see how much it cost before you get ripped off in the AH check this link..All recipes and prices

The only other help besides buffs you can get for making potions are enchantment bonuses from structures and/or items. Unfortunately if you're reading this and are under lvl 200 there are no known(to my knowledge) items we can hold that give us the master inventor enchantment. So all we can rely on is our current lvl structure
called Inventors Laboratory... which isn't in the works to be upgraded until some other crucial leveling structures are upgraded. So everyone only gets a 10% master inventor enchantment from this structure 24/7. It will be built soon.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Inventing doesn't stop there. We can buy recipes to invent epic items..which require a mixture of herbs and items to make. Example: the inferno hammer recipe the cheapest item I have made was called the inferno activator(about 4-5 FSP in supplies and buffs to make---sells for 11-14FSP). Which is only one piece of a 3 part set needed to invent the epic inferno hammer weapon.

********I will modify this thread for grammar and other mistakes...new info and statistics etc.. like the empower buff... but it should help you learn the ropes of inventing for now. BTW potion making buffers are in my enemies list(they sell the cheapest buffs known to me)
Back to top Go down
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

Making Potions Explained Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Potions Explained   Making Potions Explained Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Ok, whoever made some edits.. thnx for the help. Wink I'm lazy when it comes to proofreading.

I took some screen shots of a few of my own recipes in my recipe manager to give those wondering a visual on the components involved.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img16/676/1rm.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img16/4229/2rm.jpg
Back to top Go down

Making Potions Explained
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
forum of the merovingians :: News and Info-
Jump to: