forum of the merovingians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Merovingians!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leveling fast*** in a nutshell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Empty
PostSubject: Leveling fast*** in a nutshell   Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 pm

****updated to insert any new, better, more information.

It's real simple, follow a few basic rules and you will gain at least/or near 2 levels per 700-800 stam.

Ask any questions you have about lvling. If you have any doubts or something doesn't seem right to you, ask. If you are lost, ask for directions. Don't waste stam wandering around the wrong maps.

The laws of leveling ahaha

1st law of leveling: Correctly allocating "skill points" and "level-up points" : Level up points-- one into damage and one into attack, until lvl 40, then all points go into damage. Skill points-- DO NOT buff yourself or others w/ skills below lvl 100. Your buffs will only waste your stam..matter a fact; do yourself a favor and save all your skill points till lvl 150. And if you must spend them DO NOT spend anything below 100 points per skill.

2nd law: DO NOT hunt w/out XP skills AL(adept learner) and LIB (librarian) ideally you'll want TH, DBLR, AM, CON ...Merch more important around lvl50 and up ...Our buffers usually know what you'll need.

3RD law: Only attack creatures at or above your current lvl. Always follow the "Best Places to Train
at your current level" site directions. http://onemanmob.page.tl (they label only one creature to kill, when you can kill anything at your lvl or above to get a decent amount of XP...I personally don't pass up creatures that are at my level as the difference in them is only and extra 100 XP) JMO

4th law: Check your kill streak, it should be in the 1,000's if it's not something is wrong w/ your gear. Always ask to find out what's wrong. Damage is everything for lvls under 100 as you will be enjoying the life of one hit attacks. Always use the minimum amount of stam to kill a creature.

5th law: Always have elite hunter enchantment activated by using a whole set of equipment. Just like to note--- FF(fully forged) items don't mean much for lvls under 100, as the legendary equipment we have is almost always overkill for the creatures you fight.

6th law: Being attacked by another gold thief. Let it go. Do not get side-tracked over 14k worth of gold and 1k XP
lossed. Once you wrap it around your head that what gold you bring in below lvl 80 is merely peanuts, you will push for higher lvls to get to the real gold payout that awaits you. Being attacked for 10k gold is an extremely common occurrence from lvl 1-80.

I personally think quest and elite hunting get in the way of fast lvling, plus the rewards are bogus..but play the game the way YOU want. If it's fun to you, walk around doing the quest. But expect a slow down in harvesting XP. Unless you already have the items for the quest and the reward is XP..no harm no foul.

Miscellaneous tips to literally faster killing. Change the combat display speed to instant in your preferences. Use the hot keys to kill creatures(they're numbered 1-8 ) ie 1,2,3,4,5,6,0,R(kills 6
creatures and returns to world along w/ repair items) 0 is the hot key to return to world map...always repair w/ R or actions blacksmith after 10-12 creatures or so.

I know I'm leaving lvling stuff out but will edit to update it......hope this helps players under lvl 100 to get to lvl 100 as fast as they can. Smile Head in the game, eye on the prize..put me in coach; put me in!!!!!!

Last edited by AlterBeast on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
GuildFounderSeneschal
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
GuildFounderSeneschal

PostSubject: Re: Leveling fast*** in a nutshell   Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:31 am

how come there is no 5th law but two 6th law's do you not like the number 5? ha ha ha

I'd recommend never hunt elite's unless they have something you need
Back to top Go down
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

PostSubject: Re: Leveling fast*** in a nutshell   Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:58 am

GuildFounderSeneschal wrote:
how come there is no 5th law but two 6th law's do you not like the number 5? ha ha ha

I'd recommend never hunt elite's unless they have something you need
lol I forgot to add the elite hunter enchantment until late last night but never proof read after switching..I will expand it into not hunting champions at a certain lvl as they become 3hit creatures w/ a high risk of XP loss for hunter.
Back to top Go down
69Donta69
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
69Donta69

PostSubject: Re: Leveling fast*** in a nutshell   Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:59 am

Just something to add to this, if your looking to bounty hunt while lvling. Lvl 50 to 55 is the best spot to do it!
Back to top Go down
cougarf
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Leveling fast*** in a nutshell   Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 am

About points to damage and attack early on: If you're reading this, you've got access to guild equipment. So actually in most cases, you don't need to add that much into attack. Enough so that your first attack doesn't miss. I actually just reset all my level points into attack to help me get 1 hits at level 140, because its getting really hard now (that is a painful process btw). I would just recommend putting everything into damage as much as possible. Check the wiki to see how much attack you need to hit enemies around your level to add based on the equipment you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leveling fast*** in a nutshell   Leveling fast*** in a nutshell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leveling fast*** in a nutshell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
forum of the merovingians :: News and Info-
Jump to: