forum of the merovingians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Merovingians!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Empty
PostSubject: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Some talking points

First I'd like to say I enjoy making progress, pure leveling. I enjoy watching ppl make levels fast! I also enjoy helping an active player that's dedicated from the start..teaching them the ropes, where to hunt, where to place their lvl up points, sending them the correct gear etc.. I like to contribute all I can to building something I can watch grow. Which leads me to some concerns and questions.

My concerns are:

There seems to be no concrete criteria for guild invites. Yeah it says " Requirement: Must be active and hunt using 700 stamina 5 times a week
Only accepting players level 20+" But this is broken weekly and the invites stats don't add up to the math of the a aforementioned requirements.
This is discouraging when you're trying to get the XP and gold advisor stats up to run more structures.

Gear recall
7 days may not seem like a long time for someone who makes 5 levels a month.....but I will tell you right now it seems like ages when you know you would use it actively for leveling. If I were to be gone for more than 4 days or longer I would take off my hunting gear and buy some common gear in the AH to wear..max cost 5-10k.

I guess what I'm getting at is there seems to be no extra courtesy, extra privileges you get for being an active leveler at the lower levels.

The only way I see the guild growing is giving priority to ppl who bring in the XP... these ppl move through gear like scat through a goose.

What are the guilds goals? Direction will help me contribute. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
underbj
not posted much :(
not posted much :(

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Those are some great talking points AlterBeast. I am still relatively new to this game and this guild, but I share a lot of your same ideas. I love to level. I love to hunt and bring in xp and gold. I also like to see others in my guild hunt and level. I also like it when I see folks actively contributing to the guild with donations and by using all stamina to help keep our guild in the top 250 guilds. Now that I have been here a while (3 weeks), I am starting to see a lot of folks who are just spinning their wheels and not getting anywhere. There is just no excuse for not taking the time to log on and hunt 1-2 times daily to help ones character build levels and help our guild move forward. Also, there has been a flood of new guild invites recently without merit. As you stated, our guild has minimal requirements, but they are not enforced. I would like to see some kind of application process for new recruits, rather than just being invited in on the whim of any member of the guild. Maybe the answer is to only allow certain level players in the guild the privilege to invite new unproven members so we can cut down on all the one hitter quitters. I have seen too many guild invitees who have been playing this game since last year and have yet to crack level 50. There is no excuse for not leveling at least 2 levels a day under level 50. Most folks can make 3 levels a day with the proper buffs and following the best places to hunt guide. Too many newbies are only interested in the purple gold. Just this week we have had 1-2 new invitees actively begging in the guild chat. This conduct is strictly prohibited.

The current gear recall policy has its limitations and could be improved. I too agree that it is selfish to hold onto the top guild gear sets and just vacate the game indefinately. This type of behavior is selfish and rude. Let the folks who are bringing in the xp and donations get the best gear. I have already had to purchase many pieces of gear for myself because guild gear was not available as I leveled quickly. Maybe we can tighten up the time to recall or have stiffer penalties for those that abuse the rules.

I too want to see everyone succeed and meet their goals in this game. I have heard from several players in our guild who want to explore different avenues such as super elite hunting, item crafting, and potion making. I think we should support these actvities by providing support and possibly guild structure upgrades to enhance these types of activities. All of these skills will only make our guild stronger. I also think we need to develop an internal newbie strategy guide to help newer players learn the ropes and then follow up on their progress. I know lots of folks are tired of hearing newbies beg for the doubler buff in the chat. I think if we explained how the leveling buffs work, we can cut down on some of that useless chatter. I also had the idea to create a list of our build members who buff to show what skills they have to buff players with. That way you can see if someone is on with the proper level for the buff requested. There also has to be some kind of reward system for our higher level players who use their precious stamina to buff players to make the guild stronger. Maybe we can upgrade their equipment or stam gain to compensate them for their services. We can also come up with a list of buffers outside the guild who have fair prices for buffs when guild buffers are not available.

Any feed back to my comments would be appreciated. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers. I only want to see this guild rise through the ranks and the only way we can do that is to continue to hunt, provide support to guild mates, and to continue to upgrade guild structures and purchase the proper equipment to help our members succeed.
Back to top Go down
GuildFounderSeneschal
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
GuildFounderSeneschal

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:50 am

I have to agree as one of the members here who hunts daily and volunteers a lot of time helping others trying to make this guild one of the best, It's disappointing to see members who can't even hunt 5 times a week and commit one hour or less a day, guilds are designed for us to work together to obtain structures and equipment we couldn't afford or get on our own and those who don't want to be apart of it need to be removed, If you're not contributing you're obviously not into the game so why are they still here?

The current gear recall policy needs to be changed, active members should be allowed to recall equipment from anyone who has been inactive for 3 full days, It doesn't make sense for an active member to be without good equipment when their is plenty not being used.

Guild invites should be limited to players with at least 1 level for each day they have played, since active players can get 5 levels the first day and 20 to 40 levels in 7 days, players below 1 level a day are not active and are the ones that quickly get placed in our need to level rank

Guild invites should be limited to Sion at Arms and above, It's ridiculous how a member only needs 2000xp and then can send invites when they know very little about the game or the guild and send out the worst invites

Lately i've been getting many complaints about our lack of available equipment and invites to inactive members and it's time to address this issue and set some standards especially now we getting a lot of interest in joining our guild, So we should only accept the best and deny the rest and start instant kicks for those don't meet our requirements and use friends to sneak into this guild.
Back to top Go down
cougarf
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 pm

I've liked this guild alot since I joined, and technically the invite was sent to me waay before I had even proven myself in the game. I thank Merovech for that chance. Unfortunately, not many of our brothers have shared the same conviction, and it saddens me that not many are even aware of this forum. I agree that there are too many out there who are not contributing to the guild. At the same time, I respect that there are those who feel that the guild should be a fun, relaxing place to be, without all the restrictions of many other guilds out there (I've received invites, and taken the opportunity to inquire about guild structure on the pretext of being interested Very Happy).

Personally I think that we could share the burden of monitoring these members amongst the more active members. Perhaps not necessarily as a rigid position, like a ranked based system, but more in a group effort. For example, between myself, alterbeast, kharn and underbj, we could split the new comers into groups and just monitor their activities. This can then be reported to Ed when the need arises. Of course, in such a system, the current structure of the guild could be left unaffected. Its more about those of us interested in boosting the guild's rate of improvement putting in extra effort to improve it. As the more promising members improve, like Vincemus Ariona and Varstad, we could ask for their assistance too...
Back to top Go down
GuildFounderSeneschal
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
GuildFounderSeneschal

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:27 pm

cougarf i'm not sure if you misread our intentions of improving our invites but were not strictly looking for players who have already proven
themselves first but players who are active and want to help the guild grow by showing up and hunting.
I'm still looking for players who were just like you before you joined our guild.
It's the players that take the invite and do nothing that we want to avoid
Back to top Go down
cougarf
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:07 am

Oops. Just realized that my post can be misunderstood. I realize that we're not looking for proven members, just active ones. However, at the early levels, the folks tend to be really active. However, whether they stay that way can't be told until much later. So while we can try our hardest to find extremely active folks, we may not actually see their true intentions till later? Some might just give up... which is why I was suggesting a monitoring system, so that we can a) identify early signs of problems b) encourage those who may start showing some decline in activity c) cut off problems before they start lagging the guild.
Back to top Go down
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:24 pm

I agree we're all here to have fun..what everyone considers fun is up to them...just keep in mind it's the lvl 180's and above that struggle to lvl, and the structures are crucial to their fast success in lvling..one day there will be 20 active lvl 300 players in the guild and their guild tax from creatures will pay for over 80% of the maxed out structures daily cost and no one will care who contributes what in the guild because it's basically a well oiled machine at that point. Until then the eye of Sauron sees all.

http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eyeofsar.jpg
Back to top Go down
Merovech
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:44 am

Concerns and Answers:
Equipment being horded by slow levelers - policy has been changed to 3 days inactive recal by EdtheHead (thanks Ed)

People inviting inactive members - it sucks considering I have invited 1000's of players to see that only about 1% pan out but it is the nature of the game, people get bored and leave, so i will keep inviting players and so should all too. Marketing gets attention but many people that join us don't stay, higher level players that join rarely have loyalty and don't stay the best place to recruit is friends so if an active Warrior wants to invite a friend I support it as FS is a pretty basic game, if it was not for the social aspect of it I am not sure anyone would paly it after level 10. The more friends involved in our guild the better.

Kicking memebrs - I would love to kick every passing with honor that has gone 30 days inactive and has less than a million exp banked. Problem is we need many of these memebrs to hold equipment and untill our equipment needs are met this will remain the case. We need to maintain an almost full roster wether active or inactive because of the equipment. There is little added cost for having inactive palyers and we benefit from their storage space. The more active palyers we bring in the more passing players we can let go.

Keep these concerns comming as i never thought we would get to a poitn where it would be 3 days and recall but here we are. One day we will be in the top 10 and actives will be banging at our door untill then recruit anyone and everyone within reaseon to keep our numbers up - if they have been on for a year and are a level 10 not a good invite.(I have been guilty of this myself, sorry Ed!)
Back to top Go down
AlterBeast
Pledged Initiate
Pledged Initiate
AlterBeast

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Well, now that the thread recieved a response it's helped me make a descion or two, and decide to head toward a leveling dedicated/focused guild, also one that can give me an edge as well. Now, if I can get back all the gear I donated..ahaha just joking, I would never!!!!! Very Happy I hope I helped the guild level as a whole as that's where I get my jollies in the game. And hope I earned my keep as that's BIG w/ me. BTW Blocked all PM's as to not get PM-invites while w/out a guild. PM me if you need deep pockets. If I had the powers I'd merge the two guilds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????   The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they??????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guilds Goals And Direction? What are they???????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
forum of the merovingians :: News and Info-
Jump to: